Monday, February 14, 2011

happy valentines day!

i have always loved valentines day.

i was the definition of a girly girl... i loved pink and purple, and i refused to wear anything but dresses and skirts!...no seriously, i would not wear pants.

my mom and grandma had to trick me into them...they made me "bubbles" which were NOT pants...rather they were overalls with puffy legs, are you imagining the 80s yet?!)

needless to say, i loved valentines day.

pink, hearts, candy, LOVE. it's everything a girl could wish for.

the best part was the my dad didn't only give a valentine to my mom, he always made me feel very special too! (one year he bought my mom and i both our own rose bush to plant in the garden! i felt so grown up!!)

i guess what i am trying to say is that valentines day is not only for 'lovers'...i didn't have a "real" valentine until my senior year in high school but that didn't stop me from loving the day for what it was.

yes, i know many of you hate valentines day, the infamous hallmark holiday...but take some time and tell a family member, a friend, or anyone really that you are thinking about them...

share the love!



this one is for my handsome man...happy valentines day!

No comments:

Post a Comment