Wednesday, February 16, 2011

choked up.

do you ever get choked up at really inappropriate times?!...you know when no one else is crying, or even kind of sad, but you are fighting back tears?!

confession: i definitely do.

exhibit a: today, while watching "enchanted" {yes, the disney movie, and no i am not afraid to admit it} i got pretty choked up at the end...i just love a happy ending.

and exhibit b: in my class management class at school tonight our teacher was talking about not being able to 'save everyone'...aka you cannot turn every students life around and make everyone have a better life. however, he did say that there are going to be certain students you connect with...well, in the short month that I have been helping out in my classroom for student teaching i have found that certain student.

that student is is a boy with autism. the first time we met eyes, he looked at me like he could kill me, he wanted nothing to do with me.

its only been just a short month later, and already he is telling people we are going to go on bus rides together {which is a story he has created in his head}, and telling his dad after school that he wants to call me to talk about the pink shoes i wore on valentines day...

this progression melts my heart.

we are talking a boy, who shows no emotion...ever. but the past week when he see's me walk into the room he smiles! SMILES! i cannot believe it.

i started tearing up in class thinking about how much his attitude toward me has changed and how much i wish i could help him, and other students who struggle, more.

i pray that when i have a classroom of my own i can make a difference in my students lives.

and with that... cue my tears.

{i think i am just SUPER emotional today or something!}

anyway, that is my random story for the day...

till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment