Friday, August 31, 2012

mormon hater?

i know.
its friday.
almost saturday.
i've missed my thursday post.
but oh if only you knew the stresses i have been dealing with at school.
i have now had my room completely set up and ready to go.
then had to change everything.
three times. 

needless to say...
my brain is dead.
and so is my level of awareness.
i didn't even know yesterday was thursday!
sheesh.

anyway...i met my class and their parents today for the first time.
one of the moms mentioned she had a mutual friend of mine 
{who is mormon}
and then asked if i was. 
i laughed and said yes
 because i knew instantly that she was too.
whats weird is that knowing she was mormon was...comforting.

i don't know why
but i keep having day dreams, well day-mares, that 
a parent of one of my students finds out i am mormon and is not happy.
in my thoughts they are loud, they throw things, drag their child out my room and yell,
"i will not have trash teaching my child"

it makes me sick to my stomach.
i think ultimately it's showing me my inner fears...
i am afraid people won't like me because of my faith.
 because of who i am.

i know i shouldn't let other peoples' attitudes bother me.
but i cannot stop these thoughts.
they stink.
big time. 


i cant believe signs like this exist...however i am pretty sure the parent in my day-mares would be carrying this outside my classroom door. 
:(

2 comments:

  1. one single comment brain washed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad to me that you think that, but you have a right to your opinion. If you learn more about the LDS church, you would learn that it is far from brain washing... The church is all about having the right to choose between right and wrong, and make choices for yourself. The church would never TELL someone what to think, or believe...it's all up to you as an individual.

      Delete