Thursday, October 10, 2013

thursday through my eyes.

{if you are new, read about thursday through my eyes here}

a woman i know was recently talking about how our language has been corrupted.
she was referencing the king james bible and our change in language today.
it was an intense comment, for sure, and definitely made me sit up in my chair.

she mentioned how our youth 'make up words'.
can you say...twerk? yolo?
or maybe you'd rather i speak in abreivs?!
that's totes cray cray fo sho...

the abbreviations drive me nuts.
{although i have to admit i will use one occasionally as a joke}
however, what is more concerning to me is the need for people to swear every.other.word.

i just don't get how people can fit swear words into every.single.sentence.
this is coming from a convert people.
i used to swear. i can admit that much.
AND i can even admit that my lips may utter a specific s*bomb when i get really startled.
old habits die hard, am i right?

it's not that i am offended by swearing...
i just don't understand the need for all of it.
the swear words aren't even being used in the correct context.
it doesn't make sense people.

through my eyes, i am not sure i would go so far as to say our language is corrupt.
but we totes need to clean up our language.
most def.

{see what i did there}

No comments:

Post a Comment