Saturday, October 5, 2013

murderer.

i never wanted to do it.
in almost any other situation i wouldn't have...

i had no choice.

i had to kill...
a huge, nasty spider.

normally i would scream and run out of the room in a panic.
trust me when i say, i am not one to kill spiders.
 and it's not because i am one of those, "it's a living thing" save the insects type...
it's because
 {let's be honest}
you and i both know the second i get within 10 feet of one of those 8 legged beasts,
that sucker is going to long jump like an olympic athlete and bite me.

ok. i might have been a little dramatic there.
but seriously, spiders are scary.
and thus i typically hire out a hit-man {aka the husband} to kill them for me to relocate them.
{he got mad at me for saying he kills them. My husband IS one of those, "it's a living thing" types.}

so back to the spider i killed...

the mother's lounge at my church building
{where all the mothers go to feed their children and change diapers}
is no joke, infested with spiders.
 each and every time i have been in that room the past 5 weeks 
there has been a giant spider in the sink.
it's not just me-- other mom's i know have found spiders too.

well, last sunday at church i walked into the mother's lounge, knowing i'd see a spider.
sure enough, on the wall was a hairy little monster.

the only problem, it was right behind the head of a mother... 
who i had never met...
who was breastfeeding her child...
without a nursing cover.
cue a VERY awkward moment.

i slowly removed my shoe--unable to speak
and reached over her shoulder.

now, at this moment i am sure she thought i was a huge creeper, trying to sneak a peak.
i told you... awkward right?!
i swear i was just trying to save her life!

all i could say was "sorry, there's just um, a spider there..."

her response {after the initial side-eye she gave me as i was reaching over her}
"thank goodness you're here then, i can't kill spiders!"

 a girl after my own heart...
need i say, "instant friends"?!

did i mention i need volunteers to come to church with me so that i have someone to scope out the mother's room prior to my entry?!

now, for your viewing pleasure, here's a completely random picture of a lemon.


you're not going to find any spider pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment