Tuesday, November 19, 2013

are you with me?

if you didn't know already...i love the holidays.
i love everything about them.
i love the music.
i love the lights.
the food...
the movies.
the family gatherings.
i love it all. 

now, i'm also one of those who likes to celebrate each holiday as its own.
i can't stand how people rush though one holiday to get to the next one.
christmas commercials in october? 
no thank you.
christmas music before thanksgiving?
no thank you.
ok. ok... i lied.
typically i have the "no christmas music until the day after thanksgiving" rule.
then you can hear christmas songs blasting from every speaker i can get my hands on.
this year i am breaking that rule.
thanksgiving isn't until the 28th this year! 
that just didn't give us enough holiday cheer time. 
SO...
christmas music will officially start playing in our home at the end of this week.
{i am so excited!}

all that being said...
i saw a cute idea that i wanted to share with you.
{in hopes that you might share in the fun with me and do it too!}
and although its still 'thanksgiving time' in my mind,
 it takes a little preparation so i wanted to share it with you now.

this year i've made...
a christmas bucket list.

you make a list of 25 things that you want to do during the holiday season,
then, the goal is to do at least one thing on your list per day up until christmas.
a couple things from my list:

"buy a real christmas tree"
"take chloe to go see santa"
"make paper snowflakes"

i cannot wait to share the rest of my list with you, 
and then subsequently, post {with pictures} as i check things off.

i love this idea because i feel like every year i forget something.
after the holidays i'm always saying, "i wish we remembered to do x,y, or z".
not gonna happen this year!
i'm on a mission.
are you with me?!

{i've broken another rule by putting chloe in a christmas onsie already.
i had to though...it was too cute and will be too small in december. sigh.}


4 comments:

  1. Right? You just can't turn off Christmas music. I really like the idea of a Christmas bucket list that isn't wrapped up around present. (Pun indeed intended)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! My husband introduced me to the Celtic Women Christmas CD. "Christmas Pipes" is one of my new favorite songs. Ever. I get so excited to play it each year. {You can thank me for that recommendation later if you haven't already heard it}.

      Delete
    2. Wait.... what !?!?!?!?!? Celtic women have a Christmas CD? I gotta go listen to it! They are AMAZING!!!!

      Delete
    3. You are in for a REAL treat!!

      Delete