Tuesday, October 2, 2012

still the same


well...there she is.
the good ol'church.
i have to say, it was pretty weird being back inside.
i didn't think there would ever be a reason for me to go back there.
i guess i have jenny to thank for that!

do you have a sensitive nose?
do you ever have memories flood back to your mind...
because of a smell?
maybe my nose is just a super sniffer
maybe i am weird
but smells trigger my memories in an instant! 

my old church smelled exactly how it did.
it hasn't changed at all. 

i swear i was 6 years old again
sitting between one of my 3 brothers 
and my mom and dad
drawing on the "for kids to draw on" paper and pens that are set in each pew.

i wish i could bottle up scents to keep forever. 
that way
if i needed a little pick me up
or reminder of a special time

i could just open the vial...

and sniff! 
:) 

2 comments:

  1. i didn't know that was your old church! i went to a choir concert there last winter and the acoustics in there were gorgeous. such a beautiful building.

    p.s. it was lovely seeing you at the ward potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you too! And yup, this is my old church...It's such a pretty church! :)

    ReplyDelete