Tuesday, October 9, 2012

hurting.

as i have said many times before,
all i have ever wanted in life is to become a mom.
to have my very own family.
to be called "mommy".
to feel the unconditional love i will have for my children,
and that they will have for me.

my biggest fear in life has been that i won't be able to have my own children.

my fears are being realized.

i was diagnosed today with polycystic ovarian syndrome. 

PCOS.

the most awful acronym i've come across in my 25 years of life.

while this doesn't mean i can't have children...
it makes that thought closer to reality as it is one potential side effect of PCOS.

i am depressed.
i am scared.
and mostly i am heartbroken.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry. That is so difficult. I don't know if you're familiar with the Fertility Friend website at all (it's mostly used to track cycles, which is what I use it for and have found it to be really useful) but there is a WONDERFUL support system of women on there and a forum specifically for women who are dealing with and trying to conceive while getting treatment for PCOS. They're wonderful ladies and they are really knowledgeable about things pertaining to PCOS and fertility. If nothing else, it might help to talk to women who know what you're going through and who can lend a sympathetic and understanding ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website is fertilityfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gretchen. I am trying to be positive, but there is so much negative out there it is hard not to be worried. I will have to check out that website!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. I don't have PCOS but my husband and I have had more than our fair share of fertility issues and suffered the loss of our three day old daughter last fall. My faith, the site and the women on it have helped me through all of it. I wish you the best of Heavenly Father's blessings!

      Delete
    2. Oh Gretchen! I am so sorry to hear about your troubles, and especially your loss! The last thing you need is to worry about mine! :( I will keep you in my prayers as well!!!

      Delete
    3. No, no!!! It's not that way at all! I'm happy to be able to at least lend a hand and some prayers to you! That's one of the best things about the church- even though we've never met, we're still linked together through the gospel. :o)

      Delete