Tuesday, December 10, 2013

teaching.

the longer i'm away, the more i miss it.
it's worse at night too...
when i can't squeeze chloe and remember why i am at home.

i know that staying home with chloe is an amazing opportunity, 
and such a huge blessing, 
but it doesn't mean that i don't miss teaching.
and trust me when i say, i miss it.
 a lot.

i find myself looking at my old school's website often...
looking at my old co-workers' websites and checking my work email.
doing this only makes me sad.

as you know, teaching is a huge passion of mine.
i loved being a teacher, and to toot my own horn a little, i was good at it.
teaching came naturally to me. 
plus with the amazing mentors i had, things just fell into place.

i miss having my own class of 21+ kiddos.
reading them stories.
watching their eyes light up and seeing their excitement as i taught them.
listening to them process new information.
i even miss the 'work' part of it all...the meetings and conferences.

but i love being home with chloe too.
i love being with her for every milestone.
watching her smile, laugh, and grow.
i wouldn't want to miss out on that for anything.

my plan has been to be a substitute teacher a day or two per week starting in january.
as january quickly approaches, however, so does my anxiety.
i would love, so much, to walk into a classroom and teach again.
but leaving chloe scares me...and i don't know why.
i really am not one of those moms, but this anxiety is killing me.

since chloe was born, i have never been away from her for more than 4 hours.
{and those 4 hours were when she was asleep for the night, not in the middle of the day}
it's not that i am afraid to leave her, 
it's because i have exclusively nursed her since she was born and she eats every 3 hours.
there are some things dad's just can't do. wink wink.
yes, she has taken a bottle a handful of times, but i was home for each one...
and it was more to train her to drink from a bottle in case of emergencies 
since there has been no real need for her to take a bottle with me being home all the time.

i know the husband can take care of baby c just fine. 
he is amazing with her.
i guess the thought of pumping {tmi...sorry}, storing milk, bottle feeding, and working, 
all at the same time, intimidates me. 
i think the only way to get over all this is to dive in head first.
i just question if i'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment