Thursday, July 26, 2012

getting worried.

as the presidential election draws closer, i seem to be getting a little more nervous.

i am not a political person.
by any means.
in fact, i have never voted {gasp}
the husband gets so upset with me for that...

so when i say that i am getting nervous, it is not because of who the winner is going to be,
rather it is the negative media and attention that is being drawn to the LDS church because of Mitt Romney.

don't get me wrong, his campaign has stirred up a lot of good with the bad but...

i hate all the rumors.
i hate all the lies.
i hate that individuals who leave the church 
{or those who are excommunicated}
take it upon themselves to fabricate stories. 

it hurts my heart.
it makes me feel sick to my stomach to read about what people think "we believe". 
i know i shouldn't let it bother me.
but i cannot help it.

i am praying for strength.
i am praying that my loved ones will come to me with their questions,
and they will ignore the rumors and the garbage on the internet.

for now...
i just will enjoy the rest of my summer break with the husband...
i feel like the fall is pulling at my feet! 

the husband and i at the ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment