Sunday, July 1, 2012

confessions of a convert

so i have a HUGE confession. although in actuality, it isn't a confession at all... it's really more of an apology. 

i confess, i dropped of the face of this crazy planet {and no i do not feel good about it}

the last 10 months have been ridiculous. but they are now behind me.
i am a year older. i have a year of teaching under my belt. and my life is quickly de-stressing.

i have not felt this happy in a long time.

i also want to admit something else... and it's a little tough to say, but the point of this blog is honestly right?

in the chaos that is my life the past few months i have struggled a little with church-ly things. 
with my desire to want to read scriptures.
with talking about anything church re-lated.
with my calling.
and even at times not wanting to go to church. 
i hate it. 

it makes me feel like i am doing everything wrong. 
it felt like years since i had felt the comfort or love of the spirit. 

then i was reminded by a friend at church today of something very important.
{although she doesn't realize she helped me}

you cannot sit around waiting for someone or something to help you be spiritually uplifted.
specifically, you cannot just sit and wait for the spirit to find you.
 you need to be proactive and do things to help bring the spirit back into your life.

i have been sitting around waiting. 
{hoping to magically feel uplifted}
not reading the scriptures.
not giving my all to my calling.
not letting my husband talk about church. {oops}
just waiting.
and that doesn't work. 
trust me.

if you want to feel the spirit in your life, you have to do something about it. 

thank you mindi.
your testimony today helped me more than you'll ever know. 

1 comment:

  1. I teared up when I read my name at the end of that. I teared up because I am so very very happy that I helped you. I had no idea the pain you were going through. I want you to know everyone goes through it. You are a dear friend I am here for you. I have loved being your visiting teacher and more importantly a friend. Love Yah!

    ReplyDelete