Tuesday, July 26, 2011

confessions of a convert.

i received a few questions on formspring {due to yesterday's post}
 i will be answering them all...
but here is the first:

question: hardest part about converting?

this is an easy one for me...
although i hate to admit it. 

thus it is a great addition to my "confessions" series.

the hardest part about converting, for me, was the instant label/ stereotype that i was giving myself.
when most people hear the word "mormon" it isn't usually the best of thoughts that pops into their head.
and i was one of those people...so i know.

it was extremely hard for me to realize that if i joined the church
i would be a "mormon"...

why did there have to be such a negative connotation to the word?!

i still struggle with this, to a much lesser degree.
occasionally i get nervous for people to find out what religion i am...
i don't want them to think differently about me because of what i believe in.

and especially not because of stereotypes and rumors.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 29, 2011

    i can't wait for you to answer mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wish I could tell you that that part gets better with time. Not so much. Maybe with attitude, but not time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete