Monday, June 27, 2011

more about me...

so i realized, because of a question asked on formspring {thank you} that i have told you all a lot about my life, but little about me!

here is a quick run down...if it sparks more questions in your mind, go ahead and ask will ya! :)

  • i was born in california.
  • my family moved to washington when i was 2.
  • i have 3 older brothers (twins 5 years older than me, and the other brother is two years older than me. we look nothing alike. trust me... or just look below.
  • i love my mom, and we have always been very close. i tell her everything.
  • i obviously have a dad too, of who(m?) i love dearly as well. i was a daddy's girl growing up. i think that happens when you are the only girl.
  • my parents announced their divorce when i was going into my senior year in high school.
  • i have now inherited a step-mom and two step-siblings...only i don't like the whole "step" title. 

And for some randoms:

  • i refused to wear pants when i was younger. my family had to trick me into grandmother-made jumpers by calling them "bubbles".
{sweet "bubble" huh?!}
  • disneyland is one of my absolute favorite places on earth.
  • i have a very rational fear of spiders of any size.
  • i have a very irrational fear of anyone who looks like Carrot Top...especially of course, Carrot Top himself. 
  • i am obsessed with desserts, chocolate and sugar. yummm. 
{some things never change}
  • i love the beach, car trips, and any vacation.
  • i love to dance {grew up dancing, which evolved into cheerleading, which i did through freshmen year in college}
  • i like to take pictures.
  • i hate to read.
{some things definitely change!}
  • my favorite color has always been purple... i lied. there was a 2 week {literally} period when my favorite color was blue. {i was 7, i wanted to be the same as my best friend. didn't last long. purple rocks}
  • i am a hopeless romantic
  • i married my first love. 
  • i love life... and all of its ups and downs.

i hope that tells you a little more about me. now i want to know more about you! so answer this one:

do you have any irrational fears...that are, of course, rational to you?!


3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through a Google search and I have been really enjoying it! I converted to the church in '03 when I was 17 and was baptized just before I turned 18. Due to SERIOUS opposition from my family (and my own issues) I went completely inactive in '06 until just recently when I felt myself being pulled SO HARD back to the Church! I'm still working things out, and my hubby has a lot of questions, but he's SO open-minded and open to the Church and I just want to be there SO BADLY!!!

    I admire your conviction and your gumption! :o)

    Gretchen @ The Proverbs Thirty-HUH?! Woman
    proverbsthirtyhuh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you found my blog! it can be really hard to start going to church again... my husband went through this when he was about 19, he struggled with going back because of fear of what people would think about where he had been, and what he had been doing. turns out, everyone was just happy to see him, and welcomed him back with open arms (as i am sure they are doing for you!)

    my suggestion would be to just start going to church. your husband will see and feel the spirit through you and you will be able to answer all his questions with guidance from the holy ghost. be open, honest, loving and not pushy and he will begin to understand on his own time...it took me 6 months of actually going to church, but years of knowing about the church to finally be baptized. express to him your feelings, and invite him to church when you are prompted to do so...it will all work out! :)

    you are awesome! so happy to have you as a reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. irrational fears? weird things happening to my children that only happen in movies, like wild animals or aliens in the house. don't know how many scenarios i've imagined. silly, i know. but there's nothing rational about irrational fears!

    ...carrot top? too funny.

    ReplyDelete