Tuesday, October 20, 2009

going to church...

from my personal journal: december 3, 2007... here is part of the entry:

" ...OH, i went to church with [my boyfriend] 2x. i really like it. i am still searching for guidance but i feel like i am headed down the right path. i feel like i am somewhat happier already. if that is not a good sign, i dont know what is..."

its funny when you go back and read old journal entries. they truly do preserve emotions and capture moments in time that we wouldnt necessarily remember otherwise. i remember the first time that i went to church with my boyfriend...it was the thanksgiving of 2007.

i really enjoyed my experience going with him and his family. i found out for myself that the LDS (mormon) church is normal as normal can be. the people are just about the friendliest people i have ever met (i am pretty sure over 1/2 the congregation came and introduced themselves to me) and the overall feel of everything was wonderful. i left wanting to come back the next week for more...a feeling i didnt really think was possible coming from something i had to wake up before noon for...

i still wasnt convinced that the LDS church was the right one for me, but as my journal entry said, after going back for the second time i felt like i was definitely headed down the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment